Simple Sewing February
Spool of thread
One: 9.5x9.5 - 6x6 - 4.5x4.5
(1) Fold squares in half for easier cutting.
(2) Cut out different size hearts from each square.
(3) With 12.5x12.5 squares cut out the same heart. One for the back and one for the front.
(4) 12.5x12.5 square batting: cut out one big heart to be sandwiched between the back and front hearts. Use spray adhesive or glue stick to help keep batting in place.
(5) Use fabric temporary or permanent glue (glue stick, Fabric Fusion, or spray adhesive) to assemble a heart sandwich.
(6) Put batting heart between the large front and back hearts.
(7) Thread needle and hand stitch around each heart on the front making sure to go through all layers.
(8) Hand or machine sew around outside edge of large front and back hearts to close sandwich.
(9) Add embellishments as needed
Same as above to (5). Hand or machine sew around hearts to keep heart sandwich together.
(A) Put large front and back hearts -- right sides together -- then sew around big hearts leaving a hole to add stuffing.
(C) Turn the heart right side out. Add stuffing and hand sew the hole closed.
(D) Add two hanging loops with hanging wire and beads as seen in the picture. ENJOY!